- “When nudges are forever: Inertia in the Swedish premium pension plan,” with Richard H. Thaler and Frank Yu, 2018, AEA Papers and Proceedings 108, 153–158.
- “Shaped by their daughters: Executives, female socialization, and corporate social responsibility,” with Frank Yu, 2017, Journal of Financial Economics 126, 543–562.
- “Languages and corporate savings behavior,” with Shimin Chen, Serene Ni, and Frank Zhang, 2017, Journal of Corporate Finance 46, 320–341.
- “The fetal origins hypothesis in finance: Prenatal environment, the gender gap, and investor behavior,” with Alessandro Previtero, Stephan Siegel, and Roderick E. White, 2016, Review of
Financial Studies 29, 739–786.
- “Value versus growth investing: Why do different investors have different styles?,” with Stephan Siegel and Frank Yu, 2015, Journal of Financial Economics 117, 333–349.
- “The origins of savings behavior,” with Stephan Siegel, 2015, Journal of Political Economy 123, 123–169.
- “The genetics of investment biases,” with Stephan Siegel, 2014, Journal of Financial Economics 113, 215–234.
- “Genetics, homeownership, and home location choice,” with Florian Münkel and Stephan Siegel, 2014, Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics 48, 79–111.
- “CEO contract design: How do strong principals do it?,” with Rüdiger Fahlenbrach, 2013, Journal of Financial Economics 108, 659–674.
- “Behavioral consistency in corporate finance: CEO personal leverage and corporate leverage,” with Anil K. Makhija and Scott E. Yonker, 2012, Journal of Financial Economics 103, 20–40.
- “Estimating the effects of large shareholders using a geographic instrument,” with Bo Becker and Rüdiger Fahlenbrach, 2011, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 46, 907–942.
- “Nature or nurture: What determines investor behavior?,” with Amir Barnea and Stephan Siegel, 2010, Journal of Financial Economics 98, 583–604.
- “Large shareholders and corporate policies,” with Rüdiger Fahlenbrach, 2009, Review of Financial Studies 22, 3941–3976.
- “Do entrenched managers pay their workers more?,” with Fredrik Heyman, Mattias Nilsson, Helena Svaleryd, and Jonas Vlachos, 2009, Journal of Finance 64, 309–339.
- “The choice between rights offerings and private equity placements,” with Mattias Nilsson, 2005, Journal of Financial Economics 78, 375–407.
- “Design choices in privatized social-security systems: Learning from the Swedish experience,” with Richard H. Thaler, 2004, American Economic Review 94, 424–428.
- “Agency costs of controlling minority shareholders,” with Mattias Nilsson, 2003, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis 38, 695–719. (Lead article.)
- “Why agency costs explain diversification discounts: Evidence from real estate corporations,” with Peter Högfeldt, and Mattias Nilsson, 2001, Real Estate Economics 29, 85–126
Shalom Saada Saar
- “Leading with Conviction: Mastering the Nine Pillars of Integrated Leadership.” Jossey-Bass, 2013.
- “The Challenge of Developing and Retaining Talent.” An article in the Journal of Supply Chain Management, Fall 2013.
- “A Comparison Study of Thinking Patterns Between Chinese and Western Executives.” Research currently underway encompassing more than 500 CEOs. To be published by Wiley, 2014.
- “The Human Side of Supply Chain Management.” A paper presented to the MIT Center for Transportation and Logistics, Cambridge, Massachusetts, September 2006.
- “Developing Creativity in Your Organization.” A paper presented to the Women’s Leadership Board, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, November 2006.
- “Leadership as a Critical Success Factor.” A paper presented to the Bridge Builders Conference at Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, August 2006.
- “Showing Training’s Link to Corporate Profits.” Presented to the HR Advisory Board at the ValueAdded HR Series, San Francisco, California, June 1997.
- “Align Training with Corporate Strategy.” Presented at the Institute for International Research, San Francisco, California, June 1997.
- “Fundamentals of Leadership Strategies.” A paper presented to the Premium Audit Society, Phoenix, Arizona, 1996.
- “The Automobile Insurance Crisis.” A case study published by the Aetna Institute for Corporate Education, 1990.
- “Decision Making Processes and Assessment of New Ventures: Notes Toward Theory Construction.” Presented at the 1984 Annual Academy of Marketing Science Conference, Niagara Falls, New York, May 1984.
- “Improving the Utilization of Findings in Marketing Research Through the Use of Decision Analysis.” A paper presented at the Conference of American Institute of Decision Science, Boston, April 1984.
- “Evaluation of Services at the Local Level: An Integrated Approach.” Municipal Management, Fall/Winter 1983-84, Vol. 6, No. 3, March 1984.
- “Decision Making and the Assessment of New Services.” Bureau of Market Research, December 1983.
- “Linking Evaluation Findings to Strategic Planning.” A paper presented at the 1983 Joint Meeting of Evaluation Network and Evaluation Research Society, Chicago, October 1983.
- “Decision Making Model for Capital Improvement and Municipal Government.” A paper presented atthe Fifth Annual Research Conference of the Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management, Philadelphia, October 1983.
- “Strategies for Improving Recruitment and Retention of Hispanic Students in Institutions of Higher Education.” A paper presented at the Annual Conference of the National Hispanic Field Service, San Antonio, October 1983.
- “Executive Development Programs – Trends and Directions.” A paper presented at the Annual Conference of the American Society for Public Administration, New York, April 1983.
- “The Role of Decision-Analysis and Bayesian Approach in Planning and Evaluation Education Programs.” Educational Evaluation and Policy Analysis, May-June, Vol. 2, No. 3, 1980.
- “The Use of the Bayesian Approach in Evaluating Education Programs.” A paper presented in a symposium sponsored by MIT, Department of Urban Studies and Planning, October 1978.
- “Monitoring: Is Everyone Doing the Job?” A paper presented at the Conference on the Youth Employment Programs, Department of Labor, Chicago, Illinois, October 1978.
- “Evaluating for Better Planning.” A paper presented at the Second Annual Meeting of the Evaluation Research Society, Washington, D.C., 1977.
- “The Use of Decision Analysis in Evaluation of Mental Health Programs.” A paper presented at the 34th Conference on Continuing Education in Community Mental Health, Dayton, Ohio, May 1977.
- “Policy Formulation and Implementation in the Development Town of Ofaqim.” Co-authored with Joseph Bower, Harvard University, School of Business Administration, November 1976. The Use of Decision Analysis in Evaluating Intervention Programs. Harvard
University, 1978 (Doctoral Thesis).
- Evaluation Research Studies Annual, Vol.II, Co-edited with Marcia Guttentag, Sage Publications, 1977.
- Wilson, M.D. and Fernandez, T.,(2017) “Making engineering education more entrepreneurial,” Guest Editorial, JEEN
- Wilson, M.D. (2017), “Forward reasoning and worked-examples: What
silence, eye-gaze, and missteps tell us through problem solving coding stripes,” ASEE, Columbus, OH (Abstract Accepted)
- Wilson, M.D. (2016) “An entrepreneurial mindset empowers engineering education research: How rigor can exist while embracing ambiguous research approaches,” Last Word, PRISM (In Review)
- Berger, E., Wilson, M.D. (2016), “A laboratory study of student usage of workedexample videos to support problem solving,” ASEE, New Orleans, LA
- Wilson, M.D., Summers, M., Gordon, J., Goris, T. (2013), “SMART Technology Learning Tools: Analysis of Industry Leader Perceptions and Satisfaction,” Technology Interface International Journal, Fall/Winter, Volume 14, No. 1, pg. 53-59